I created this blog so that friends and family can follow my time in Afganistan. I don't promise to update this daily, weekly, or even monthly, but I will update and post when I have the time and internet access.

Thursday, February 9, 2012


Today we went on a live rehearsal for Air Interdiction.  Because it was practice, we didn't have all the aircraft we needed, and in addition there was an all Marine Team that went out and practiced at the same time as us utilizing the same helicopters, so things didn't go exactly as planned, but they still went well.  After about 3 runs, we returned to base with many lessons learned.  See pictures below.




The Entire Team



The Captain and I with Lt Sarbaz (the ANA team leader)

Helicopter coming to pick us up on the flightline

In Route to Objective
In Route to Objective

Forces on the Ground


Forces on the Ground


Forces on the Ground

Helicopter coming back in to pick us back up

Got to love dust
By the time it lands, you just run toward the center of the dust cloud!!
What it looks like as we take off

No comments:

Post a Comment